Chevron Aboveground Storage Tank 493
Matrix NAC was awarded the construction of an aboveground storage tank (AST) for the Chevron El Segundo refinery. Matrix was tasked with the challenge of erecting the new fixed cone roof tank on an existing concrete foundation. Additionally, Matrix engineered and constructed a new three-bay roof structure. The tank shell was erected using Submerged Automatic Welding (SAW) machines. This project was completed in September 2020.
Scope of Work
- Erected 150’ diameter x 48’ tall aboveground storage tank
- Performed repairs to existing foundation
- Designed and constructed new three-bay roof structure
- Project was completed on schedule, despite COVID-19 pandemic
- Completed 12,293 manhours with zero safety incidents