Imperial Oil Ltd. – Nanticoke Refinery Master Service Agreement
From 1995 through 2008, Imperial Oil Ltd. selected Matrix NAC for a MSA (master service agreement) as the primary contractor for on-site maintenance at the Imperial Oil Nanticoke Refinery.
In addition to the general maintenance and repair work completed during the MSA, Imperial Oil Ltd. executed a two-phase refinery shutdown. Phase 1 was completed in the fall of 1999. Phase 2 consisted of the major maintenance work required for various production units in the refinery and was completed in the spring of 2000.
Matrix received the IOL Nanticoke Refinery CSLT 2006 Flawless Safety Performance Award during this MSA.
Scope of Work
- Pre- and post-shutdown activities were performed by Matrix workforce to assist in successful shut-down completion
- Major turnaround contractor
- Supervised the supplement and support ESSO maintenance planning, procurement, and engineering services
- Removed, rebuilt off-site, and reinstalled SRU waste heat boiler
- Replaced 31-ton ALKY unit contact bundle
- Performed all heat exchanger work, as well as work in towers, tanks, and vessels
- Completed any required replacement and/or rebuild of rotating equipment including pumps, compressors, and turbines
- Supplied manpower from Matrix workforce to assist client’s planning department and field supervision to ensure timely completion
- Zero lost-time safety performance for the duration of the MSA