Irving Oil Ltd. TURNKEY TANK MAINTENANCE & REPAIR SERVICE PROGRAM 2005-2014
Matrix NAC was contracted by Irving Oil Ltd. to provide on-site maintenance management services at their Saint John, NB, Canada facility. Under the maintenance contract terms, Matrix provided all maintenance services
including management, safety, engineering, procurement, fabrication, and labor related to the refinery aboveground storage tanks and Canaport facility. Initially a 2-year contract, the agreement was extended to a total of 9-years.
Matrix was responsible for all tank repairs and engineering, including any recommendations for standards within the refinery. Matrix hired and managed union personnel to perform all repairs including boilermakers, labor, pipefitters, and subcontracted work (cleaning, inspections, painting, and calibrations).
Matrix provided daily crew safety briefings, weekly inspections, and reports with recommendations, as well as all safety training for employees and subcontractors.
Matrix oversaw all program costs, including control and reporting, providing weekly and monthly reports on individual tank cost and total program cost. Yearly budgets and schedules were prepared and submitted by Matrix to Irving Oil’s senior management. Matrix also provided all accounts receivable and payable, onsite.
Note: Image at top of page is a representative image only.
Scope of Work
- Scope development and cost estimates
- Tank isolation and blinding
- Tank cleaning / degassing (Matrix & 3rd party crews)
- Completed API 653 inspections; submitted engineering work orders
- Completed engineering and work orders based on findings
- Completed tank repairs as required
- Mechanical, electrical, scaffold, insulation, and cladding
- Managed coating application (3rd party)
- Final review of the project before client acceptance
- Removal of blinds and isolation