PECO – New Post Road Substation 200KV to 13KV
Matrix NAC was contracted to complete the electrical substation work for PECO Energy’s new electric distribution substation. This new substation will support the increased demand and future growth in Marcus Hook, Delaware County.
The substation incorporates the latest innovations in smart substation technology including the installation of fiber-optic current transformers and diagnostic systems that process real-time analysis of transformers, circuit breakers, and battery systems.
Matrix NAC was awarded a 2017 NECA Project Excellence Award for this project. The NECA Project Excellence Awards recognize contractors for outstanding commitment, professionalism, and ingenuity in electrical projects across 12 markets.
Scope of Work
- Set and assembled all electrical 220kV & 12kV equipment
- Erect and assembled all 220kV bus structures and 220kV bus, including all connections to the transformer
- Set and connected new 220kV control room
- Assembled all lightning masts and substation lighting
- Installed all 13kV cable from transformers to switchgear, and switchgear to reactors, including all terminations
- Installed all SCADA wiring and fiber optic
- Installed grownding grid
- Performed all conduit and concrete trenching throughout sub station to breakers, transformers, disconnect switches, switch gear building, and control building - including duct banks to all circuit breakers and transformer
- 17,388 work hours without injury